3/04/2012

Day Thirty One

So today I met El Salvador, it was beautiful I love it, wished I could've stayed longer. I almost didn't get to get in though. Apparently the people at the San Pedro airport stamped my passport but didn't fill out the time I had to stay in the country, they did on my customs form though. So I went back and forth through Honduras immigration and El Salvador immigration for about an hour trying to get that settled, luckily I did without having to pay the $114 fee El Salvador immigration was trying to make me pay, plus I got another 90 day extension to be able to stay in Honduras if it is I wanted to, yayy for me!! Ok so once we finally made it into El Salvador we stopped at this pupuseria that had the most AMAZING pupusas, official new favorite central american food besides the bananas :) we then went to go pick up Sor Mirna at the Maria Auxiliadora School in San Salvador, there are about 20 sisters that live there and were all incredibly nice. However since she wasn't there yet, me and Sor Xiomara went to the market, grocery store, and the Don Bosco church which was huge compared to all the other churches I've seen in Honduras so far. El Salvador differs from Honduras in 3 major ways that I noticed at least; one, there are political banners and posters literally every which way you turn, two, the roads are significantly better no holes or bumps at all, and three, it is very busy and Americanized, kind of reminded me of a cross between Houston and Honduras. Anyway Sor Xiomara is so awesome she is always happy and loves to laugh, she made the trip that much more fun for me. After our little venture of getting to know El Salvador we went to go pick up Sor Mirna at the cemetery and then went to her home and met her mom, her sister and niece, they were all so welcoming and sweet. My condolences go out to them for I know they're being incredibly strong through these tough times.
Maria Auxiliadora School in San Salvador



Don Bosco Church
As we were driving back I looked out the window and saw the the trees, the flowers, and mountains it hit me, I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to get to see all these beautiful countries. God is truly good and I am truly thankful to him to have blessed me with this experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment