4/30/2012

Day Ninety One

My birthday this past week was great!! First off I woke up with the mananitas blasting outside my door, had the internas sing them to me, then sisters, and finally my girls from class. Haha I had never heard the mananitas song so many times in one same day! To celebrate both me and Nicole's birthday the sisters took us out to eat at this little cafe, where they had legit cheesecake! See me and Nicole have been craving this for quite some time now and last time we tried having it were sadly disappointed, the version we had was more like flan. So we were ecstatic at finally having the real thing! Afterwards they took us to this other cafe called Ten Napel Cafe, and can I just state that I am seriously bummed that I'm barely discovering this place so late into my time here, it is literally a little haven spot here in Santa Rosa, they have an awesome patio/garden, BAGELS, PANINI'S and CROISSANTS, and all type of fruit smoothies!! After that me and Nicole got time to go out to our favorite local spot here called MASS and had the most delicious salad! I know, I know all this food probably seems like no big deal, but when all you eat is beans and plantains for practically every meal, everyday, ordinary food like cheesecake and salad become AMAZING!

Suamy and little sister


On Friday I got to go with Suamy one of the internas to her home however it was cut short to one day because I had to teach class on Saturday. Nonetheless she showed me all her (aldea) mini town where all her family lives in. Oh and we prayed the rosary for this couple that passed away about a year ago. So what the town accustoms is to everyday gather and pray the rosary at 7:00 in their former home for an entire year for  their souls to rest, which I thought was amazing! Saturday in the afternoon I finally got to visit the sisters of Calcutta orphanage home, where they had about 50 little ones ranging anywhere from newborn to about 5 years old. They were all adorable, wanted to bring one back home with me!! Anyway that was my eventful weekend, it was great couldn't have wished anything more for my 24th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment