3/20/2012

Day Forty Seven

I think I'm really starting to grow a liking to this whole teaching experience. I officially started my english class this past Monday and although I had heard some scary things about the year I was teaching "segundo bachillerato" girls, which is the pretty much the equivalent to junior year girls in high school, they are really good. They pay attention, participate in class, and know a lot more english than I thought. Plus, I really like the fact that we are in total control of how we want to run the class, it really gives me a chance to be creative in my lesson planning. Lesson planning me and Nicole like to try and do at the plaza/park in front of the cathedral, where locals go have coffee at and just sit and people watch, so we kind of go and do the same. Oh on another completely different note, so the rooster that would wake me up every day is no longer with us...that's right they killed and ate him!! Safe to say that was not one of the foods I was eager to eat. However I did make a new discovery, there's this fruit called sapote and although it doesn't really look too appetizing it is one of the most delicious fruits I've ever tried! If you by chance see it at the grocery store please do try.
Yesterday and today a bunch of psychologist came from out of town they will be staying here with us a couple of days, so me and Nicole had to pack all of our things and move to a college dorm size room minus the bathroom and closet space. So we're basically living out of our suitcases, I like it though it feels cozier than the other huge room we had, plus showers are nice and hot in the new bathroom :) I had a long chat with Sor Che during lunch today. She has literally traveled all over the world, and has lived many years in Italy and Argentina, hence the nickname Che. I love talking to her and Sor Virma, they both grew up in the 60's/70's so although they are older than the other sister's they are much more liberal. They are very feminist and passionate about one standing up for ones rights, true revolutionists in spirit. Very inspiring women who I try to gain a little wisdom from everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment