3/03/2012

Day Thirty

Tomorrow I will have been here a month...and a great month it has been. I've eaten so many type of bananas, regular bananas, little bananas, fried plantains, steamed plantains, baked plantains and my favorite chocolate covered bananas. No lack of potassium in my diet. I've also been reading this book called "Aprende a ser positivo" which translates to learn how to be positive, it's basically filled with all these exercises one can do to maintain a positive attitude at all times. The author also reminds the reader that one has power to make of their life a great one and should take on challenges with confidence and enthusiasm. That and the girls that take classes and work here have been a great inspiration to me. They come from rough backgrounds and have to work everyday all day from 4:00 am, but still strive for a better future so take Sunday classes in order to continue their education. They have reminded me that one must always follow ones dreams and want to learn and grow. I've decided when I get back to the U.S. I want to dedicate myself more to the Sickle Cell Association, but I also want to start an internship at an event planning agency; it's an art and career I really aspire to learn and grow in.

This past weekend was really fun, professor Tulio, one of the professors that teaches here is in a band and invited us out to hear him play rock en espanol at this really cool restaurant. He also offered to take us to the ruins next weekend, I'm super pumped to go! Today me and Nicole went shopping I bought a super cute retro dress and the movie Hugo, afterwards we went with the interns to the day of prayer for peace reunion the local youth group held, its an event the pope started for all youth to pray for world peace. We then took the girls that work here to this really popular restaurant among the girls called "El Bunny" in order to get them out and take a much deserved break. Since I'm not eating chicken I couldn't join, kinda had to roll them out of there with the food babies they developed lol. Tomorrow I get to go El Salvador with Sor Xiomara, can't wait :) Love and miss everyone back home xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment