3/10/2012

Day Thirty Seven

Today was a very productive day for me and Nicole. We had an all out cleaning session all morning, started lesson planning for our english classes coming up and bought essential toiletries. We didn't get to go to the ruins today though, our tour guide had to work, but watched "Eat, Pray, Love" instead and enjoyed the sweetness of doing nothing in the evening. The ruins will have to wait for this coming weekend.
This week seemed to go by slower than past, not sure what the difference was. Maybe the fact that we didn't have running water for four days could've had something to do with it...it was interesting though. I washed my hair in the sink for the first time, thanks Nicole for helping me out on that one! It really beats doing it by yourself, standing while pouring water down with a bucket can get awfully cold. Anyway something interesting I noticed about the "internas" this past week, is that they have many ambitions but one most of them have in common is to travel or live in the states. One of them told me she wanted to volunteer in the U.S. she wants to have a good career and all but told me that she really had a desire to give back, because a life without philanthropy just seemed empty and meaningless. I learn from these girls each and every single day, they are so full of dreams and life, it is truly inspiring to me. As I am learning about myself and my relationship with God I feel at peace with myself and my surroundings. I want my family and parents to know that I love and miss them very much and to not worry about me so much, to just trust and pray for me please. Tomorrow is our adult class' first exam, hopefully we have taught them well. Well that is all for now, peace and love to all goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment