2/08/2012

Day Four

Waking up at 5:20am is no joke...first day we did it which was yesterday really didn't hit me but today it kinda did like a ton of bricks! Should be in bed as we speak, but I wanted to add another entry since I haven't thse last two days. Plus I love these girls so its all worth it. They are so humble, yet outgoing, and love to laugh! They're always wanting to know how to say things in English. So one of them asked me today what the word kapish meant. I told her well technically it isn't English but we use it all the time, and its basically used as understood in question form and when you understand one replies back kapish. If you don't "no kapish." So they kept repeating you kapish or no kapish, that couple arguing in the street they don't kapish. It was pretty funny to see how they adapted the word into their own. They really are a joy to be around. Classes at all grades seem to be at the same learning level so that makes it easy for us to go over English with the girls. We haven't yet done math or computer skills though that will probably be a bit more challenging. But as one of the sisters Sor Martha told us today we should always find joy in everything but especially in difficult times.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your having fun girl bring me back a shirt lol

    ReplyDelete