2/05/2012

Day Two

So I will definitely have adjustments to make in order to get used to nights here. Our rooster wakes up around 4am and doesn't stop crowing until around 10...I'm not sure if it was lack of sleep or still feeling woozy from the flight but I woke up feeling nauseated this morning. Figured a shower might do me some good, but the water was unbearably cold to add to the nausea. Luckily it went away in a couple of hours and I felt good enough to go venture the town. It is very small but also very peaceful. (pictures will be coming soon) unfortunately because it is a Sunday everything was closed. So I'm sure we will go out again tomorrow. After a couple of hours of doing that we came to the school, prayed, had holy hour, and then dinner. I finally tried pupusas and they are so delicious!! I can see why Salvadorians eat this everyday. One of the sisters told me we'd have to go try the real deal one of these days because they are the best. We then had recreation time with the girls where they exercised and we danced bachata and duranguense. They play quite a bit of Mexican music on radio stations here. Great day can't wait until tomorrow when the rest of the girls will get here, there will be a total of about 60. And I will get my first taste of teaching a class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment