2/17/2012

Day Fourteen

Wow how this week has flown by! My short time shared here has truly been a blessing thus far, I feel like I already appreciate little things so much more than I did before. I'm starting to really get into the routine of things and warm up to the girls and so have they. One in particular, her name is Yenni, she is too funny!! She always has a joke to tell me and during recess time she loves to stand by a window and pretend she's on the phone and say things really loud while people pass by so they think she's talking to them, they fall for it all the time lol! For Valentine's day she made me the sweetest card saying she loves me and wishes to remain friends even after I leave. Valentine's day here is pretty much as it is in the U.S. the girls exchange cards and buy little gifts for one another. After school was over that day the girls also had a bunch of games and activities prepared for vday/"la bienvenida" the welcoming. They played pin the tail on the donkey, "come hilo" which basically was a piece of candy attached on a string and a girl at each end of the string had to eat it to get to the candy first, bobbing for coins, and a game where they had to put a pen attached by string to their waist into a small bottle behind their backs. After the games they came out with funny skits such as covering the top half of their body and clothing the bottom half so it seemed as though midgets were dancing, and coming out in ridiculous outfits modeling down just like in a runway. Its been really fun so far, today is movie night which I am looking forward to :) We'll see what new exploring me and Nicole get into this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment