2/26/2012

Day Twenty Four

Mmmmm cold pizza, that is what I'm currently savoring as I write this post. It's a nice change to the usual tortillas with beans. Good ending to a good day. Today was our second Sunday of teaching English to the adult class, it was a different group this time. Again they seemed interested and paid attention, I'd rate it a success. After class we headed to mass and afterwards we went with a couple of the "internas" to a nursing home, they too are volunteers and help out Fridays and Sundays there. They clean, pray, and talk with the elders living there. It was a really nice experience to go visit, I met a lady named Maria who is 75 years young and talked with me through her snack time, they had cake and "atole." She told me a lot of volunteers stop by there we had just missed some Canadians that had left last week. Maria was quite the talker I was very appreciative to be there and listen to her while I could.

I took my camera over and as soon as the girls saw it they started to pose. They LOOOOVE taking pictures! Every time they see me with the camera a photo session begins. Today I took at least 100 pictures of various of them just posing. They are not shy by any means in front of a camera. Some of the elders at the home also wanted me to take pictures of them, so now I'm guessing its a culture thing, not sure, but no one has ever shied away from me taking a picture that's for sure. I'm really enjoying my time here so far though, cannot wait for whatever new ventures are to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment